Monday, November 24, 2008

To whom it may concern:

I just want to say thank you. Thank you for moving away and leaving your dog behind. In case you were wondering, he's been living in the crawl space of your vacant house. Alone. Your neighbors have been kind enough to feed him, but there were a few nights last week when the temperature dropped well below freezing.

We have him now. He's confused. And he's sick. All those hot summer months with no heartworm preventative. Now he faces a long, dangerous treatment. He has only you to thank.

I'll take care of your dog. And I'll pay his vet bills. And I'll find him a new family that is better than you could ever hope to be. And I'll tell myself every night before I go to sleep that somewhere, somehow, you'll get what you deserve.


No comments: