Friday, March 28, 2008

I'm SO over March.

In the last 10 days, we've killed THREE car batteries...one being the battery in our mechanic's loaner car that we were driving while he replaced the other two!

And then there's the dishwasher that died...and took the kitchen floor with it. I guess the silver lining in that cloud is that we're on a slab with no subfloor so the damage was minimal in the grand scheme of things. That, however, does not make me feel any better about buying a new dishwasher. We've considered tossing the old one and fitting that space under the counter with a dog crate...but I really don't like washing dishes by hand. And I'm REALLY tired of paper plates that the environmentalist in me insists on wiping off to recycle.

Now Lily is limping on her right knee. The same sort of limping that CiCi did prior to her TWO surgeries to repair ruptured ACLs. The procedure is expensive. The recovery is long. That I can handle. What I can't figure out is exactly HOW we're supposed to have a fear aggressive, slightly nutty, routine driven dog evaluated...much less operated on if necessary! An induced medical coma is all I can figure...

So, here's hoping that the old adage "in like a lion, out like a lamb" was referring to March in general... and not just the weather!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Um, I really thought you were just kidding last night when you said something about the dishwasher/kitchen floor. Wow.