Yeah, I know I haven't been around in a while...read on and you'll understand why.
1. I'm pregnant. Yep, you heard it here first. Brandon S...you didn't just pass out, did you?? I've decided to call this Ten on Tuesday my Pregnancy Pet Peeves.
2. Please don't ask me what I plan to do with my dogs. I plan to have a kid. And dogs. Will it be a lot of work? Sure. Is it rocket science? I highly doubt it. And please don't tell me that you would, "...never have a baby around a pit bull." I don't care what you would or wouldn't do. Really. I don't.
3. The one thing that is only slightly less offensive than, "What do you plan to do with your dogs?" is, "Oh congratulations! How old are you again?" I'm 34yo people. Hardly menopausal. I'm pretty sure my aging body can handle childbirth.
4. No, I'm not hoping for twins. I agreed to ONE and the dr confirmed that I'm only having ONE. See?
5. I'm due October 17th. Yes, that IS Alabama's homecoming. Sorry, not much I can do about that one.
6. Are we buying a bigger house? Well, no. But we won't be buying every baby contraption on the market either. See, here's where the dogs come in...hours of (free!) entertainment!
7. Will I be staying home? Bwahahahahaha! No.
8. What if the kid is allergic to the dogs? First, allergies are very commonly misdiagnosed. Thankfully I have a lot of experience on the subject. And the support of an amazing allergist who is quite fine with my having seven dogs living IN my house. We'll cross that bridge if we come to it, not before.
9. Please don't give me your horrible nausea stories, your painful birth stories or your awful kid stories. If these things are going to happen to me, I'd just as soon they be a surprise.
10. And finally, if you're genuinely happy for us, thank you. We're very excited and are ready for the challenges of parenting a two-legged child :-)